I think almost everyone loves chicken. If you don’t, I bet I can make you like it with this easy recipe 🙂
So, let’s get down to business.
For the pan-fried chicken, you will need:
1 skinless chicken breast (deboned)
1/2 cup of crushed crackers (e.g Provita, Barvita, Graham Crackers etc)
1 lemon, juice freshly squeezed
1 egg, beaten
3-4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
A pinch of black pepper
1 Chili, ground
1 teaspoon of curry powder (or any other dried spice you like e.g paprika, turmeric)
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves/ parsley (optional for garnishing)
For the stir-fried summer squash, you’ll need:
3 courgettes, sliced
1 green capsicum (you may mix with red and yellow capsicums)
1 onion, chopped
2 tomatoes, diced
1 1/2 tablespoons of oil
1 teaspoon of coriander powder
Salt to taste
1. Prepare the chicken by boiling it in some water until completely cooked.
2. When done, let the chicken cool then cut into chunks and put them in a bowl.
3. Pour in the freshly squeezed lemon juice in the chicken and mix gently.
4. In a separate bowl, add the crushed crackers, chili, salt, black pepper, curry powder and any other spices you like. Combine these ingredients very well.
5. Add the beaten egg in the bowl with the chicken, combine gently and ensure all the chunks are covered.
6. One by one, roll the chunks in the bowl with the cracker mixture until completely coated.
7. In a frying pan, heat the oil. The oil must be hot. (use medium heat)
8. Place the chunks carefully in the hot oil. Fry all sides until golden brown.
9. Your chicken is now ready. Transfer the chicken chunks into a serving dish. You may add more flavor by squeezing some extra lemon juice on top, and garnish with coriander leaves or parsley.
10. Absolutely sizzling 🙂
Method: (Courgettes/ summer squash)
1.Heat the olive oil in a saucepot over low to medium heat.
2. Throw in the onions and fry until brown.
3. Add the capsicum and coriander powder, mix well and cook for 2 minutes before adding the diced tomatoes.
4. Simmer for 3 minutes or until tomatoes have “melted” into a thickish paste.
5. Add the courgettes and salt. Mix well then add about 50ml – 100ml of water. Cover with lid for 5 minutes or until courgettes become soft.
6. Once all the water has dried up, transfer the veggies to a serving dish.
Bon appetit! 🙂
-Ensure the veggies are not overcooked. This way they do not lose their taste, texture as well as their nutrients; nutrients that your body needs.
– Experiment with various fresh or dried spices and herbs for both dishes. Explore your options when it comes to cooking. You only get a tastier dish every time.
-The chicken dish can be served as a snack. Add some melted mozzarella cheese or any other cheese you prefer, some ketchup dip on the side, and serve. Yum!